Commissioned Work and Events
Most of CTPR’s engagements involve introducing potential clients to a network of associates who then undertake work directly for them on a private basis. This includes organising events (ranging from small private dinners to larger invited-audience seminars) as well as the research and provisioning of bespoke private reports and consultancy. Please contact us via email on info at ctpr.org if you are interested in commissioning something similar for your organisation and need to be put in touch with potential associates able to provide the right services.
Reports and Memos
Below are a few select samples of the type and quality of work produced. This includes work previously undertaken on a private basis for clients and subsequently edited/redacted and released under a Creative Commons licence. The majority of work remains confidential to clients and associates.
Report on “open government – some next steps for the UK” (May 2010) can be downloaded here.
Other samples include:
- UK public sector IT (October 2009, released July 2010)
- The Obama Effect: the US IT Revolution and the UK (November 2009, release July 2010)
- 12 Years of e-Government: A Review (December 2009, released July 2010)
CTPR also previously published Newsletters with periodic comment and analysis on key trends and issues in IT, together with interviews with key influencers in this field. This is no longer a public service. For historic completeness, these earlier Newsletters remain available here and are as follows:
- CTPR Newsletter February 2010 contains an interview with Chris Huhne MP, Shadow Home Secretary for the Lib Dems
- CTPR Newsletter November 2009 contains an interview with Dominic Grieve QC MP, Shadow Justice Secretary, on “reversing the rise of the surveillance state”
- CTPR Newsletter 1 contains an interview with Simon Davies and Dr Gus Hosein from Privacy International